Atomic Defense MICH/ACH Ballistic Helmet | NIJ Level IIIA+
***Estimated Manufacturer's Lead Time: 8-10 weeks!!
***Please be advised that due to high order quantities, production of this item is currently experiencing a delay. In addition to the anticipated lead time, allow an additional 1-4 days for shipping.
The only bulletproof helmets in service with multiple U.S. government agencies that can stop up to .50 cal AE and 7.62mm TKR.
Mil-spec setup and Velcro™ parts with the capability to add ComTacs by 3M™.
- Over-engineered to be safer and last longer. Lifetime warranty for all parts and defects.
- You're supporting American jobs and workers that make quality products by hand.
The MICH/ACH Ballistic Helmet is among the most protective headgear available. These comfortable, lightweight Aramid helmets stop the strongest handgun bullets with minimal impact on the wearer. Each MICH helmet features superior craftsmanship that armed forces and police units trust. Order a MICH/ACH Level IIIA+ ballistic helmet from Atomic Defense today!
- Industry-leading features: The ability to stop multiple bullet impacts - far above the current NIJ and industry standard. Accomplished with a lighter weight than the competition. Four-point leather chinstrap, tactical ARC rail system, waterproof coating, fireproof ballistic material, bullet-resistant.
- Ballistic resistance: NIJ Level IIIA+. Can stop 44 Magnum, 9mm, 45 cal, 40 cal, 38, 12 gauge slug, buckshot, and more.
- Testing: Our MICH helmet is tested above and beyond NIJ standards by testing 18 rounds of various calibers (including .22, .380, 9mm, .40 S&W, .38 Special, .45 ACP, .50 Cal AE, and .44 Magnum) on different areas of the helmet (NIJ requires 4 rounds per test).
- Certification: Each helmet comes with a QR-coded sticker to its certification sheet. It will show tested ammunition, angles, back-face deformation, distances, and more.
- Lightweight and higher performing than old Kevlar helmets, capable of NIJ IIIA+
- Can stop 44 Magnum, 9mm, 45 cal, 40 cal, 38, 12 gauge slug, buckshot, and many more! In addition to these rounds, this helmet also protects against stab/spike attacks and shrapnel/fragmentation.
- Materials and craftsmanship are the same for civilians as it is for police and military.
- Tested above and beyond the latest NIJ standards.
- Rapid adjusting headband for quick and easy adjustments in the field.
- Fully adjustable 4-point chin straps with a cloth chin grip to ensure the perfect fit and maximum comfort.
- Memory padding that’s fully adjustable with Velcro. It can be removed, exchanged, and beaten up and still keep its shape for years to come. Feels hard at first? Leave it in for a minute.
- Tactical rail system with 2-point bungee and vertical + horizontal ARC rails for more efficient accessory mounting options.
- Low visibility paints and fabrics. This makes the helmet harder to see in the dark since it absorbs as much light as possible instead of reflecting it.
- Fire, water, and dust-resistant materials are used.
- All of our helmets come with a 100%, transferrable lifetime warranty on parts and labor.
20 - 23
50 - 59
6 1/4 - 7 1/2
22 - 27
57 - 69
7 1/8 - 8 1/2+
- Standard: NIJ IIA, II, and IIIA latest 0106.01 and 0108.01 standards surpassed in testing
- Aramid Shell Weight: 20-23" Size (2.5 lbs / 1.1 kg), 22-27" Size (2.9 lbs / 1.3 kg)
- Total Weight w/ All Accessories: 20-23" Size (3.42 lbs / 1.55 kg), 22-27" Size (3.6 lbs / 1.63 kg)
- Fits: See chart above (Head circumference measured starting above brow-line)
- Material: Aramid shell with foam interior padding
- Color: Black, Green, or Tan
- Sizes: S/M/L (Head Circumference = 20 - 23 in., Hat Size = 6 1/4 - 7 1/2) or L/XL/XXL (Head Circumference = 22 - 27 in., Hat Size = 7 1/8 - 8 1/2+)
- Complies with: US Standard - Mil STD 662 E, UK Standard - UK/SC/5449, NATO Standard - STANAG 2920
- 9mm FIOCCHI, 115gr. (FMJ)
- 9mm WINCHESTER RANGER, 127gr. (SXT)
- .357 SIG, 115gr. (JHP)
- .357 SIG, 125gr. (GDHP)
- .40 CAL, 95gr. (HP)
- .44 Mag, 240gr. (SJHP)
- 7.62mm x 25mm TOKAREV NORINCO, 85gr. FMJ (STEEL JACKET)
- 7.62mm x 25mm TOKAREV FOREIGN, 85gr. FMJ (STEEL JACKET)
- 7.62mm x 25mm TOKAREV S&B, 85gr. FMJ (STEEL JACKET)
- .30-Cal Carbine, 110gr. (FMJ)
- .50 CAL American Eagle, 350gr. (JHP)
- 5.7mm x 28MM, 27gr. (SS195)
- 5.7mm x 28MM, 40gr. (HORNADY BLUE TIP)
- Other Compliance Standards:
- VPAM: PM 1-5 with PM 6 resistance.
- TR DE: SK L-2 with SK 3 resistance.
- HOSDB: HG1/A-HG2 with RF1 resistance.
- GOST: Class 1-2A with Class 3 resistance.
- GOST 2017: BR 1-3 with BR 4 resistance.
Assembled and In the Box:
Upgraded IIIA+ Helmet in selected color and size
Straps and harness system (Color matched)
Exterior Velcro (Color Matched)
ARC rail system (Color matched)
Bolts holding the ARC rails in place (Black)
Bungees with self-hold integrated into the ARC rails (Color matched)
NVG Shroud (Sometimes called the NVG mount) (Color matched)
Interior Tan padding set (safety)
Interior padding sets (one thin set and one thicker set). Padding sets can be mixed and matched as long as the tan safety padding remains.
ARC to Picatinny adapter
Q: What is a MICH/ACH helmet?
A: The MICH or Modular Integrated Communication Helmet was created in response to the weight of the previously used PASGT Helmet. The PASGT helmet was heavier and didn't have attachment rails or NVG mounts. So in order to mount anything to it, soldiers would have to carefully drill holes into their helmets, which could compromise the integrity of the Aramid in the helmets. The PASGT helmet was also very heavy, so many soldiers opted for the fully plastic Bump helmet so they could have their attachments without the weight of the PASGT helmet. The MICH helmet is lightweight and has NVG attachment capabilities and 4-way attachment rails already built in.
Q: How is this helmet different from the competition?
A: This MICH/ACH ballistic helmet offers IIIA+ (aka 3A+) protection. This means that it rises to, then goes above and beyond in performance compared to most other helmets on the market. Our helmets are capable of taking multiple strikes, stabbings, shrapnel, etc. Some unique features include; highly adjustable interior padding, rigid exterior, smooth coat interior, all-weather and low-visibility paint, NVG mount, 4-way attachment ARC rail system, extra padding that's Velcro adjustable, bungees, cloth chin strap, materials that are fire, water, and dust-proof, and ratcheting head-capture system to fit almost any head size and shape.
Q: What attachments will this helmet take AND where can I get the ones that are pictured?
A: We didn't want to force customers into some proprietary or non-standard system. So we use the ARC standard rail system and military configurations for all our mounts/rails. Standard multi-NVG mounts, shrouds, and standard ARC rail system just to name three. This lets you fit all those attachments you already have, plus all the after-market ones you might need in the field. Clear 3A Ballistic Face Shield for Helmets
Q: Are the rails, bolts, padding, bungee cords, velcro, and NVG included?
A: Yes they are attached out of the box. Everything in the pictures that remains constantly in the pictures is included with every helmet. The only things not included at this price are the add-ons like the clear bulletproof visor or Comtac headphones.
Q: What is the lifespan of a bulletproof helmet?
A: Bulletproof helmets made of Aramid, like this one, have a shelf life of 5 years when properly cared for. Because our helmet has an all-weather shield, it will last 5-7 years, depending on the care and use.
Understanding MICH and ACH Helmets
The U.S. began using the Modular Integrated Communications Helmet (MICH) design at the start of the war in Afghanistan. After adopting the MICH model, slight improvements were made under the name Advanced Combat Helmet (ACH).
MICH and ACH helmets are ideal for use with communications equipment because of their low-profile side brim. Four-point retention systems improve comfort while ensuring stability for the greatest impact reduction. Our Tactical rail systems (ARC) and higher front brows give these helmets compatibility with various attachments, including night-vision goggles and ballistic visors.
Level IIIA+ Ballistic Protection
Our MICH ballistic helmet offers Level IIIA bullet resistance and is tested beyond NIJ standards for Level IIIA. The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) requires helmets to withstand four shots, each to a different location on the helmet. The helmet's NIJ Level describes the types of bullets it can prevent from penetrating its surface and the speeds at which it resists penetration. The NIJ standard represents the only nationally accepted classification for body armor products.
Level IIIA is the highest for bulletproof helmets. We first test our helmets to meet the NIJ's requirements of stopping .357 SIG FMJ rounds traveling at 1469.82 fps and .44 magnum rounds at 1430.45 fps. When we are sure that the helmet meets these standards, we fire additional rounds from other weaponry. You can count on this helmet to stop any of the following rounds and more:
12-gauge slug and buckshot (safely from certain distances)
The Latest Military-Grade Ballistic Helmets Available to the Public
MICH and ACH are the latest available on the private market, as the U.S. recently began phasing in the new Enhanced Combat Helmet (ECH). The MICH design improves its predecessor, the Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops (PASGT).
MICH and ACH helmets are lighter than prior models while fitting closer to the head for greater comfort and performance. The addition of attachment rails gives MICH helmets greater versatility than PASGT models. What ultimately sets our MICH/ACH Helmets above the rest is Level IIIA protection. These helmets withstand shrapnel, knives, and multiple gunshots from pistols or shotguns, making them the ideal choice in close-quarters combat.
Bulletproof Zone will ship orders as soon as possible. For example, if you purchase three items, they will be shipped to you based on lead time and availability. This way you get as much of your order as soon as possible, which means that your order may come in separate packages, especially if you order products from different manufacturers.
We will bear the shipping cost for products returned because of product defect, misrepresentation, or false description. Afterward, we will initiate a full reimbursement should you decline an offer to replace the item with the same item of equal value and assured quality.
As soon as you place your order with Bulletproof Zone, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that your order has been logged in our system and your credit card has been pre-authorized for the purchase. Afterward, we contact our suppliers to confirm the availability of the product you are ordering for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will cancel the pre-authorization and duly inform you via e-mail.
Orders are shipped within five business days from the date of your order unless specified otherwise on the product page. The product page will contain the most accurate estimate on shipping and lead times. Shipping and lead times provided on the product page are our best estimates based various factors including order volume, information from our manufacturer, raw material fluctuations, etc., and may vary due to these factors.
You will receive an email containing the tracking information of your order after the order has been shipped to your location. If you do not receive tracking information from us within seven business days of the lead time specified on the product page, feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com.
Bulletproof Zone is not responsible for lost or stolen packages. A tracking number will be provided when the package is shipped. It is the buyer’s responsibility to provide a safe place to receive mail. Once an item has been marked as delivered by the carrier, the seller is not responsible should that item go missing.
We take full responsibility for any obvious damage to your product caused by wrong packaging or delivering an already defective product. Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage, you should document it when signing for delivery. If the item(s) contained in the package arrives damaged, please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Returns and Cancellation Policy:
We back all our products with a customer satisfaction guarantee, so we created a fair return and cancellation policy.
All sales are final. No Refunds, No Cancellations. In most cases, once the order is processed, it is final and not cancellable. We may allow exceptions due to an order error or wish to return your order after delivery for any reason other than a product defect or misrepresentation. Any cancellation request is subject to an administration and cancellation fee equal to 10% of your order with a minimum of $35, whether order shipment is successful or not.
All sales are final on all closeout items and for custom manufactured bulletproof clothing once the manufacturing process has begun or not returnable unless there is a product defect or misrepresentation. Applicable to brands such as MC Armor, Israel Catalog, Masada Armor, BulletBlocker, Tread Armament, Talos Ballistics, Wonder Hoodie, and others.
Before returning any product, you MUST obtain a return authorization from our customer service representative. We can only process AUTHORIZED returns for items.
To make a Return or Exchange:
- Obtain authorization for return or exchange by emailing us at email@example.com explaining the reason for the return or exchange.
- Please use or indicate your order number as attention
Return or exchanges request submission must be within 14 calendar days upon receipt of shipment unless noted otherwise on the product description page. Your return must be in original packaging and unused.
We encourage using USPS flat-rate shipping in returning products to receive a shipping expense refund. Buyers must ensure all returned parcels delivery receipt AND signature confirmation. We highly recommend insuring your parcel as we cannot issue a refund for an item that we do not receive back should it get lost/damaged during transit.
Should an item be returned because it was defective, misrepresented, not as described, etc., Bulletproof Zone will issue a full refund and will reimburse the customer for all shipping expenses associated with the return.
Please allow 5-10 business days from the time the item is received to process a refund. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
We stand behind our products 100%!
By purchasing any of our items, the buyer certifies they have read and agree to our shipping, return, and privacy policies.
At Bulletproof Zone, we ensure that you get the absolute best prices for Bulletproof Vests, Plate Carriers, Bulletproof Clothing, Bulletproof Backpacks, as well as other tactical gear and safety products, all while ensuring the highest quality.
For us, providing products of the highest quality is unnegotiable. As always, high-quality products do not come cheap, but we ensure that it is reasonably priced using our exclusive contracts with the best protective product manufacturers.
We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. To show our confidence in our prices, we offer a price guarantee to our customers. If you find out within six months from your purchase of an item that our company offered an item for a price higher than our competition, we will refund the difference.
To get a refund, all you need to do is e-mail us a link to the product on our website and the same product on our competitor’s website within six months from the date of your purchase, and we will process the refund accordingly.
Terms and Conditions of our 100% Price Guarantee:
- You must have purchased the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Discounted goods and goods received as an Ad on such as; buy one, get one free offer are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitor's website
- The 100% price guarantee is only valid within the first six months from the date of purchase
- The competitor must be an online store; they may not have a retail location
- The competitor website cannot be a discounter or an auction website (i.e., eBay, overstock, etc.)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges; it excludes sales tax
Why Bulletproof Zone?
At Bulletproof Zone, we are passionate about protecting lives. Every piece from our catalog is designed and rigorously tested to provide the highest quality of protection you need from firearms, explosives or even close quarters combat.
We’ve partnered with various manufacturers that operate within the United States under a strict set of guidelines both on a national and corporate level so that when you shop with us, you will be able to select from the highest quality body armor, ballistic plates and tactical gear available on the market.
Whether you are a military service member looking to find your own gear, a professional that operates in the security field, or an avid firearms enthusiast that capitalizes the importance of safety when shooting, our tactical gear will provide you the level of protection you need.Any questions or concerns? Please call us at (408)-909-4938 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our professional support team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.